Friday, November 14, 2008

mercy me, I'm a V.I.P!!!

Well, it is official.... it's not "what you know," but "who you know." In the world of bands and band groupies, I will forever be known as "Sunnyside's friend." Let me explain...


Last night, my very thoughtful and awesome friend, Lisa Mongold, treated ME to a "mercy me" concert in Naperville. Not only did I get to hear music live and in person that I normally worship to in my kitchen, but I also got to hang out (yes, that's right) with the band after the concert. Like I said, it's all in who you know.

It was a night I don't think I'll ever forget. The music was even better than it normally is in my kitchen :-) What wonderfully talented people they are!! I always completely enjoy watching musicians in their element. I love their mannerisms, the expressions on their faces, and their entire attitude as their gift is pouring out of them. Some people are just born to be a vessel for music. It is clear and evident when they do what they do best. I LOVE it. What a tribute to our Creator and His own amazing abilities.

So thank you, Sunnyside, from the bottom of my heart, for an unforgettable evening of worship and "groupie" fun. You ROCK!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It was a great time! I'm so glad you got to experience all of that with me. It wouldn't have been nearly as much fun if you hadn't been along for the ride:-)

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm trying to follow your blog.let me know if it works. Lisa W.