Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm Ready for Something New....

This is what God says,
the God who builds a road right through the ocean,
who carves a path through pounding waves,
The God who summons horses and chariots and armies---
they lie down and then can't get up;
they're snuffed out like so many candles:
"Forget about what's happened;
don't keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I'm about to do somthing brand-new.
It's bursting out! Don't you see it?
There it is! I'm making a road through the desert,
rivers in the badlands....."

Isaiah 43



How about you?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

"Badlands" is a pretty appropriate word for where I feel I'm at right now. The thing I realize is that the past is just not stuff that happened long ago, the past could be what happened this morning. Again, living in the moment. What is it about that that is so frightening at times? Thanks for this verse and reminder.

Anonymous said...

"Badlands" reminds me of what everything looked like when that evil guy, "Scar" took over in the Lion King. A desolate, dark, waste of a place....

But when the rightful King takes over, LOOK OUT!

Anonymous said...

Lisa-what is it that you need to leave at the throne? We all usually have something that keeps us from having "life to the full"...We aren't use to "being still and knowing HE IS GOD".

Praying with...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'm reminded of the dry bones being brought back to life. It didn't happen in the garden of Eden, but in the valley.